Context for the Position
The BHC invites applications for the paid, part-time position of Program Coordinator for the new Henry Kaufman Fellowship Program. This new BHC program is funded through a generous donation from Dr. Henry Kaufman. It is intended to encourage emerging scholars to pursue research on topics related to financial history, broadly conceived. The program includes Kaufman Research Fellowships to be awarded annually to PhD candidates who need funds for travel to archives for projects related to financial history, Kaufman Dissertation Fellowships to provide support for PhD candidates who are writing their dissertations, and Kaufman Post-doctoral Fellowships to provide support for PhD recipients within five years of receipt of their degree. The new Program Coordinator will provide support for the recipients of these Kaufman fellowships. Supervised by the BHC Secretary, the Program Coordinator will also interface with the selection committee to ensure the larger goals of the program are met. The new position also works with the Treasurer, who is responsible for the disbursement of funds, while the BHC trustees and their designees have full authority over the Kaufman Fund and its disbursements. Desired Qualifications: Candidates who are professionally engaged in business history and involved in the BHC are preferred. The candidate should also have excellent organization and management skills, be detail oriented, and have strong communications abilities and a track record of responsiveness.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Receive and organize applications for the Kaufman program for review by the Kaufman Committee.
- Maintain a database of applicants and recipients of Kaufman fellowships, for use by the Kaufman Committee and for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate with the Kaufman Committee chair and BHC Secretary in communicating with applicants.
- Monitor recipients to ensure that funding was used for designated purposes, including maintaining processes for inbound reporting, reviewing these reports, and analyzing data for the Kaufman Committee and BHC Secretary.
- Coordinate ongoing conversations between Kaufman Committee and treasurer regarding budgeting for the program’s support and marketing needs.
- Maintain all data and records with regard to the program.
- Aid in the development of the Kaufman Program’s annual report for submission to the BHC Secretary.
To apply: Please send a current CV, cover letter, and a list of three references to the BHC Secretary, Dr. Vicki Howard at vickihowardbhc[at]gmail.com
Deadline for applications is Nov 14, 2022.