The Hagley Museum and Library’s Center for the History of Business, Technology, and Society is recruiting for a twelve month Research Fellow and Intern commencing September 1, 2018, or soon thereafter. The position requires approximately two days per week of work which must be conducted at Hagley, and permits the Fellow to make use of a private office for his/her own research activities in addition as well. It may be held in conjunction with other employment (eg teaching or fellowships) so long as those do not interfere with Hagley responsibilities, especially Thursday events.
- To be present at Hagley on average two days per week, including attending and assisting as assigned at the Center’s author talks, seminars, conference, and brown bags.
- Conduct research interviews with visiting scholars that will be included in the Center’s Stories from the Stacks
- Obtain and edit blog articles from visiting scholars that will appear in Hagley’s Research and Collection News.
- Prepare promotional materials for the Center to post on Hagley’s web page and manage social media for the Center.
- Network with resident scholars at Hagley and enhance Hagley’s scholarly community.
- Engage in and share personal scholarship while at Hagley.
- $24,000 for eleven months of work in a twelve month period
- Private office and computer accessible during Hagley’s regular business hours
- Status as funded scholar, providing use of Hagley mail, Internet, interlibrary loan, etc.
- $1,500 for travel to scholarly events or for personal research.
- No healthcare or other benefits provided
- Master’s degree in history or related discipline; ABD status or above preferred
- Research interests relevant to Hagley’s collections
- Experience with programming and/or event coordination
- Knowledge of social media, spreadsheets, and web page software
- Well-organized and self-motivated
Send a letter and c.v. to Roger Horowitz, Director, Center for the History of Business, Technology and Society, Hagley Museum and Library, rhorowitz@Hagley.org. The letter should address the following: the applicant’s research interests, programming experience, and social media experience. Applications should be sent as soon as possible and will be accepted until the position is filled.