Aston is currently looking for external researchers to work with on Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships. The current deadline for applications is 14th September 2016, with the next call opening in April 2016.
The Marie S. Curie Individual Fellowship (IF) scheme 2016 opened 12 April 2016 and will close 14 September 2016.
A little detail about the Fellowship scheme:-
- They feature a Fellow (from anywhere on earth, no nationality restrictions) and a host.
- Eligible Fellows must have:
o spent no more than 12 months in the previous 3 years in the host country
o have a PhD or at least 4 years research experience
- As with all Marie S. Curie actions, there are no prescribed topics…bottom up…multidisciplinary and inter-sectoral projects are preferred.
- The Fellowship should focus on research and training/career development. The aim is for the fellow to complete the project with a world class scientific skillset
- Fellowships are a maximum of 2 years in duration
- 10 page application form
2016 call – http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/calls/h2020-msca-if-2016.html#c,topics=callIdentifier/t/H2020-MSCA-IF-2016/1/1/1&callStatus/t/Forthcoming/1/1/0&callStatus/t/Open/1/1/0&callStatus/t/Closed/1/1/0&+identifier/desc
- The Funder requires that the researchers shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research
- At the time of the deadline for submission, they shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 14th September
Preferred Researcher Profile
- Experience suggests that successful researcher have strong CV’s, with 10+ strong publications (high- ranking, international journals) and a good range of experience (teaching, industry/non-academic, PhD supervision).
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships enable eligible applicants to come to Aston University for a period from 12 to 24 months; the aims are to undertake world class research, undertake career development, and transfer knowledge. If you have the time, read the Guide for Applicants, it will enable you to fully appreciate the aims and objectives of the scheme – http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/doc/call/h2020/h2020-msca-if-2014/1600147- guide_for_applicants_if_2014_en.pdf
If you are interested please contact Prof Stephanie Decker (firstname.lastname@example.org). Send a description of your potential theme, Aston host and a description of the potential project (please keep the description to no more than 250 words), accompanied by your full academic CV to email@example.com .
The current deadline is 14th September 2016. If you are interested you must send the requested documents by the end of July for this call.