I am pleased to share details on the forthcoming distinguished lecture with Peter Buckley, Professor of International Business at Leeds University Business School, who will talk on The Structural Reshaping of Globalization. Alain Verbeke, Professor of International Business Strategy at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary will serve as a discussant.
This talk examines the role of theory, specifically internalization theory, in examining the structural reshaping of globalization. Four empirical changes in the global economy are identified.
- (1) The fracture in the global economy between the USA and China, including “the splinternet”.
- (2) “Systemic Competition” and its consequences.
- (3) Rising VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) and corporate responses.
- (4) Innovation. The theoretical response is presented by nested theories of internalization, relying on common principles and concepts.
Details of the online talk through Zoom are listed as follows. You are welcome to join this online lecture and hope to meet you online soon!
- Topic: The Structural Reshaping of Globalization
- Date and Time: Nov 20, 2020; 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Meeting ID: 954 5014 7539
- Passcode: 361691
For more information about Professor Peter Buckley, you can refer to
For more information about Professor Alain Verbeke, you can refer to