Expressions of interest by 11 March 2019
What does the role entail?
As Research Assistant your main duties will include:
- Searching for relevant literature and preparing a literature review on the key topics of the study with guidance as necessary;
- Organising, collating and coding qualitative data;
- Working both independently and as part of a larger team of researchers and stakeholders;
- Supporting research activities, including contributing to research results and outputs and to the generation of independent and original ideas, ensuring a successful programme of investigation;
- Participating in the research meetings of the research group and presenting research output where appropriate;
- Contributing to the research culture of the School, where appropriate;
- Continually updating your knowledge, understanding and skills in the research field.
What will you bring to the role?
As Research Assistant you will have:
- Masters or on the final stages of the PhD in the subject areas of International Business, Management, Organisation Studies or a closely allied discipline;
- A strong background in qualitative research;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Well-developed analytical skills;
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- A proven ability to work well both individually and in a team;
- The ability to work unsupervised and to use your own initiative.
The research assistant will work closely with Professor Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki and Dr Effie Kesidou at Leeds University Business School. For further info, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Period of employment: March 15/03/2019 – 31/07/2019