The Aims and Scope information for the peer-reviewed journal Business History was recently updated. For more information, visit https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/fbsh20
Business History is an international journal concerned with the long-run evolution and contemporary operation of business systems and enterprises. Its primary purpose is to make available the findings of advanced research, empirical and conceptual, into matters of global significance, such as corporate organization and growth, multinational enterprise, business efficiency, entrepreneurship, technological change, finance, marketing, human resource management, professionalization and business culture.
The journal has won a reputation for academic excellence and has a wide readership amongst management specialists, economists and other social scientists and economic, social, labour and business historians.
Business History: The emerging agenda
The core strategy of Business History is to promote business history as a sui generis scholarly discipline, engaging on an equal footing with mainstream history and the wider social sciences. To achieve this, the journal will continue to be international, comparative, thematic and theoretically informed. In the post-Chandler world, the agenda for business history is to extend its scale and scope specifically to:
- widen its international scope: business activities in underrepresented regions, for example Latin America, Africa and Asia
- go back beyond the 19th and 20th centuries to include ancient, medieval and early modern eras
- inform the policy agenda; historical examples of regulatory success and failure, nationalisations and privatisations
- engage with the business and management agendas; entrepreneurship, competitive advantage, corporate governance
- theoretical development; independent theory or theories of business history
Peer Review Policy
All research articles in this journal are rigorously peer reviewed, based on initial editor screening and anonymized reviewing by at least two referees.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.